Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Houston Temple





After listening, well let me rephrase that... after attempting to listen to conference we decided to take the kids to the temple and let Kendra "touch" the temple. I tried to tell her about the temple and tried to get her to "be sweet." I am going to admit it right now, there were a few moments when I had my doubts... I think it was when Kendra almost fell into the fountain or when Jasper almost fell off the bench. But it turned out to be one of the best days we have all had together. I took my little sister as my car-babysitter (which really worked out). After about an hour walking the temple grounds we went to the bookstore and then of course headed to Pappasito's. It has been a tradition of Donny and myself to eat there after we go to the temple. Historically we are alone but I have to say that everyone was really good (no spilled drinks, no screaming baby, you know the usual stunts that kids pull in public).

No comments: